Hunan, China

Hunan, China

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

My Review on Year 1 Sem A

What have I done in my Year 1 Sem A? I studied Economics, Marketing, Quantitative Method, University English and Sustainable Business. I got an unexpected good GPA - 3.78...mainly because of my Eng and Sustain Business....haha! Tutors in CityU are nice and we chat like friends. For QM, initially I thought I need to retake, but it turned out to be A-, which made me feel really surprised. I feel very lucky to be one of the students in CityU, which provides us lots of opportunities. I attended workshop held by SDS, and I made some master and phD friends. Special thanks to a phD guy, who taught and helped me whenever I didn't understand the subject, and borrowed textbk to me! So nice! Every Wednesday, I will go to do voluntary service of tutoring low income / new arrivals students, which is under the organization of 'City-Youth Empowerment Project'.

Frankly, after being a uni student, it is all about INTERVIEWS, like interviews from mentoring scheme, voluntary services... In this Christmas Break, luckily I was one of 20 pp to go to Hunan as volunteer. Only 2 year 1 students in total could have this chance! Every day we prepared activities to play with the kids, and had meeting at night. On the last day of the trip, as my gp (Maggie, Trytry, Hei and I) and another gp (Anna, Trista, 6ho, Andy) went to another destination accidentally and we couldn't find other remaining groups, so, 8 of us strolled along the street and ate many delicious food together! That night was really full of laughter! We became friends and I really love them so much! We had many re-union after coming back to Hong Kong, like Karaoke, hotpot in hall! 


On  6-9  Jan, I did a temporary work, exhibition helper, at HKCEC. So tired as we needed to stand for the whole day, woke up at 5:45 am and only had 30 mins lunch break. However, I met Cindy, Ho chi King, and also knew more friends from different universities. Pretty cool! haha! Though the wage rate was not that high, (HK$40 per hr), I still had motivation to go to work! Yeah!


Now, I also become volunteer of HK federation of Youth Groups, I tried to help an Indian kid with his homework, he is so hardworking! On the coming Saturday, I will go to help with the community reunion lunch as well as the on-site booth. Seems I devote so much time on doing voluntary services, even my father reminds me I am a BBA student, instead of social science student, I should concentrate more on my study or course-related stuff. 

By the way, a good news! In the coming summer, I will go to New York and do intern. I joined the program Cross-Cultural Internship Program, there is only 77 people can successfully enter this program after 3 rounds of interviews! I feel really really really happy that I can excel from other students from the top 3 uni in HK, also some renowned uni in Macau and Singapore. Keen competition! haha! Hope I can grab this opportunity to explore more about the workplace and culture in US.


Here comes Semester B, and we need to choose our own major in April... that makes me so confused whenever I think of this. I guess I won't change to faculty of Social Science, as I am pretty enjoy my life in College of Business now. haha~~ What I can do is to do my very best in every subjects, and more importantly, grasp ALL opportunities to broaden my horizons. (I used to be like that! hahaha! ^^)


In this Semester, I am going to study Accounting, Information Management, Management, Market Developments in China, and Exploring Contemporary Art. Just hope I can get a satisfactory grade in every subject.........don't have much confidence... haha! ^^''

2 comments:

  1. You are quite the traveler, I have never been to the Americas but I am sure you will love it. Good luck with the new semester and I am sure you will be fine with Information Management even though IT is your weakness. Do what you love and never work a day in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kerry! First comment! Hahaha! So nice!!! Miss you so much! Sadly didnt take any pic with you! Nevermind, must hv chance to meet you soon!! Yeah! Work hard and good luck for your study as well! Hahaha ^^

    ReplyDelete